Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point
The DrayTek Vigor AP-710 is a standalone wireless access point, ideal for adding wireless connectivity to an existing LAN, or for expanding the range of an existing wireless LAN by using the WDS features. It can also be used as part of the DrayTek managed wireless system
Wireless Security & VLANs
The AP-710 features multiple levels of wireless security. Encryption using WEP, WPA, WPA2 (802.11i) is available you can also use the access control list (ACL) to specify the hardware addresses of clients which are permitted to connect (by MAC hardware address). Any unauthorised hardware is refused access.
For additional user authentication, you can activate 802.1x RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-in User Service) which allows you to centrally manage and store user names and passwords either within the AP-710 setup itself (thus not needing any external server) on an external radius server which can permit time-limited, temporary or continuous access to your clients as required.
The Vigor AP-710 supports the 802.1q VLAN protocol so that if it is connected to an 802.1q enabled LAN, it can split tagged data (whether its different subnets or intended for different users) and broadcast each on its own SSID.
This means, for example, that your guest WiFi access is provided on a separate isolated SSID with no access to your company data/devices.
Central Management with DrayTek VigorACS
The DrayTek VigorAP 710 can be managed by the DrayTek VigorACS central management system – a cloud platform which can manage most DrayTek products – routers, wireless access points and Ethernet switches, giving you complete visibility and control of your DrayTek product estate, even without a DrayTek Vigor router on site.
The DrayTek VigorACS management system can be used to configure and provision DrayTek VigorAP access points, similarly to performing these actions through the VigorAP’s web interface, with a familiar menu layout in the Configuration section of VigorACS.
Profiles for groups of access points can be provisioned in VigorACS by selecting a VigorACS network, then accessing Configuration > AP Profile to configure profiles and apply them selectively.
DrayTek’s VigorACS management monitors the VigorAP 710, with a Dashboard view giving a central overview of the most important information from the VigorAP’s current status.
- IEEE 802.11n / g / b (2.4Ghz)
- LAN Interface : 1 x 10/100 port Ethernet, RJ-45
- Frequency Band 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Encryption : WPA2 Encryption (WEP/WPA also support, but not recommended)
- User Authentication : 802.1x (Requires Radius Server) (MD5/PEAP Modes)
- Repeater/Bridge/Access Point/Station Modes
- Wireless Client Isolation
- Bandwidth management per SSID
- 802.1q VLAN Tagging for each SSID
- Management VLAN
- Up to four distinct SSIDs (for VLANs)
- MAC Address Filtering
- Radius / WPA User Authentication
- 802.1x User Authentication
- Built-in Site Surveyor
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- WMM (Wireless MultiMedia)
- WPS – WiFi Protected Setup
- Wireless Transmit Power : Max 18 1dBm
- Temperature Operation : 0 ° C to 40 ° C
- Humidity: 10% to 90 % (Non-condensing)
- Physical Dimensions: 112 x 132 x 42 ( W x H x D ) mm
- Weight : 0.255kg (main unit, including Aerials)
- Wall Mountable
- Power 12VDC via AC/DC PSU (supplied)
- Warranty : 2 Year Limited RTB