If you’re going to be using the Invoco Virtual Landline or Hosted PBX services, you’re going to need an IP phone. But what on earth is an IP phone?
You’re probably already confused with some of the terminology…IP phones, VoIP phones, SIP phones, SIP clients… what are they and what are the differences?
Well firstly…they’re all the same! They’re just different terms for explaining the same thing, which is a phone that communicates with your phone service provider using the Internet in the same way that your computer communicates with the world.
So the IP phone can connect to our service using your normal office network connection, Wi-Fi or even 4G. As long as the phone has an Internet connection, it’s good to go!
Why choose IP Phones?
- Ease of set up Our phones are pre-configured before we send them out to you. All you need to do is to connect them to your local Internet connection and you’re done.
- Remote managementOnce the phones are connected to the Internet, we take it from there. We can remotely manage the phone, change settings, update firmware, etc. No need to wait days for an engineer to visit site to make any changes you require.
- FlexibilityAs long as the phone has an Internet connection, it’ll work. If you’re moving elsewhere in the office, working from home or even changing offices entirely just re-connect the phone to the Internet and you’ll be back up and running on the system.
- Reduced cabling requirementsAs the IP phones are using your Local Area Network (LAN), you can utilise your existing data cabling. No need for separate telephone cabling any more. Most phones can even share the same cable that your computer is using.
- Mix and matchEach user on the system can choose from our entire range of phones and get a phone that suits their individual requirements. No need for a one size fits all approach.
- Cloud integrationsWith the Hosted Telephony and Virtual Landline products you can integrate into a whole world of cloud based CRM’s, ticketing systems, and automation. Wouldn’t it be amazing if your incoming calls could quickly do a look up to your CRM system, identify who’s calling and then display that on your phone, all in a blink of an eye? It sure is! 😉