What are virtual numbers?
A virtual telephone number is a number which isn’t linked to a telephone line.
When someone calls your virtual number the call goes through to our data centre and then out to whichever phone you’ve directed it to, whether that’s a landline, mobile or VoIP device. This all happens in an instant so your caller will have no idea they’re calling a virtual number. For example:
If you’re running a small business, a virtual number is a great way to give yourself a more professional image, rather than using a mobile or home phone number.
For SMEs or global organisations, virtual numbers allow you to promote a local presence in the UK without having to physically be in that location. You can run a “London office” with an 02 telephone number, wherever you happen to be based.
Virtual numbers are ultra flexible – you can divert calls instantly to a telephone number of your choice. You can also use virtual numbers in your advertising to track which campaigns are winning you work – see our call tracking page for more details.
Virtual numbers are great for keeping track of your call data. Detailed statistics are stored online and will show who called when and for how long. Our call centre clients find the call data particularly useful but all businesses can benefit from keeping track of time spent on calls.
Take a look at our numbers pages so you can get a feel for the range of numbers available. You can pick your own number or numbers online and be up and running within a matter of minutes.
For information about our straightforward, easy to understand prices take a look at the product pages for the various numbers we have available.
How can virtual numbers help your business?
- Project a more professional image by advertising a nationwide number instead of a mobile.
- Attract more business by advertising in different areas using a local number for that area.
- Gives your business the perception of being a larger organisation.
- Generate revenue for your business by using a revenue share number.
- Control how and where incoming calls are handled to suit you.
- Use the detailed call analytics to see how many calls are received on each number and how effectively your call handling team are performing.
- Identify what advertising is working for your business.
- Get smart with your marketing and use tracking numbers for split testing and to finely hone your marketing messages.
- Improve business efficiency by getting your phone calls to trigger a whole range of system automations.
Unsure about how Virtual Numbers can work for your business or need advice on the best numbers to choose and how to set them up?
Request a call back from one of our friendly sales team!