Invoco's Integration with Slack
Slack is a really cool communication tool for tools. We like it here so much at Invoco, it’s our default communication tool. So creating a telephony integration into Slack was a no-brainer.
So what does it do?
We’ve kept it simple. You can create a custom message and when a new call arrives it will be posted to the Slack channel of your choosing:
As you can see in the short video above we have added some tags that allow you to insert call details in to your message. We’ve added the following tags:
- Direction. The direction of the telephone call. Will be either Inbound or Outbound.
- Caller. The number of the caller e.g. 01527306000
- Callee. The called number e.g. 08008527686
- Duration. The duration of the telephone call in hours, minutes and seconds e.g. 00:00:04
- Start. The time the telephone call started e.g. 22-Dec-17 17:42:40
- Description. The short description of your invoco number as provided in your My Numbers page e.g. sales line
- Call recording URL. URL for the call recording in the Invoco Customer Portal.
When an inbound call takes place this would appear in the Calls Slack channel like this:
To get hooked up just log in to the Customer Portal and click on the integrations menu item. Now click the big blue LINK button for the Slack integration and follow the instructions:
As with all our other integrations, we’d love to hear from you if you have any feedback or feature suggestions.